Data speed or bandwidth issue over Starlink

I have twingate working fine going through the Stargate CGnat. I have a NVR that I can now direct access. I have a remote radio as well at this site and can access it no issue. The issue is the data rate. I get around 200mbs download and upload of around 20mbs. Controlling the radio is no issue as of course that is the downlaod side but getting the information back is very crappy. It seems like there is a funnel squeeze for the information coming back. I get stacato audio and very slow spectrum scope. I need a minimun of about 6 to 10mbs coming back. The ping to the IP at the remote site over Starlink is acceptable at between 80 and 120ms. Does any of the data go through the Rasp Pi?..it is a Pi 4 with heaps of memory. All of my routers and switches at the remote site are gigabit network. At the Starlink speeds I should be getting much better performance on my return path. Any suggestions or knowledge would be appreciated. I have just the one controller in the system at the remote site and all the internet gear is TPLink Omada system

Hi Mark,

I’ve not used Starlink myself so I can only go off what I read online, but it appears that an upload throughput of ~20mpbs is what you would/should expect while using Starlink as per this page on Starlink Specifications: Starlink

Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks,

Hi Arthur. I have done a lot more on this and the issue isnt the speed the issue is network jitter. This particular program and hardware I am using to control a radio remotely cant have any network jitter and the problems I am having would seem to be exactly that. The reason is that the program that controls and does the hard work to decode the ADC signals for the radio is trying to process over the path and even though Starlink is super fast the asynchonous data is not stable enough. The solution will be to put the PC decoding the radio signal at the actual radio and then use Starlink to get the audio and video back using VNC or something similar. I will try that. Twingate works incredibly well and does exactly what it is meant to from what I can see with the other services I use over Twingate to my remote site and they work perfectly. I have been trying to realtime process a lot of minute data over the satellte and it just cant do it. Thanks for your response to me. So if anyone else has issues using Twingate over Starlink then the jitter maybe the issue but for normal sort of data it works a treat