We collect information from you when you register for a Forums account and gather data when you participate in the Forums by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering for a Forums account, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you in connection with the Forums may be used in the following ways:
- To communicate with forum participants or to communicate with you — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To improve our site and services — We have a legitimate interest in continually striving to improve our site and services based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service and personalize your experience — As part of our legitimate interest in offering you a positive user experience, your information is used to help us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests, support needs and other individual needs and preferences.
- To market and advertise our services — We may also contact you to send you information and updates about our services because we have a legitimate interest in providing you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To prevent harm or liability and for legal compliance — We may use your information for security purposes (such as to investigate security issues or to monitor and prevent illegal activity on the Forums), to prevent abuse and to comply with applicable law. We may do this to comply with our legal obligations, to protect an individual’s vital interests, or because we have a legitimate interest in preventing harm or liability to Twingate and our users.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
Last updated 1/5/2022.