Mint linux configuration dorked

I’m having trouble with the Twingate client on a GUI’ed mint linux latest install…

I had the reconnecting and authorizing problem so I did this….can someone help dig me out pls?

$ sudo rm -r etc /twingate/

$ twingate status

not-running

$ twingate start

Starting Twingate service

Please run “twingate setup” first to configure access to your Twingate network.

Starting UI notifications

Enabled desktop notifications

$ twingate status

not-running

$ sudo twingate setup

Twingate Setup 2023.250.97595 | 0.149.1

By continuing, you agree to the User Terms of Service (htttps://twingate.com/terms/user)

and acknowledge the Privacy Policy (htttps://twingate.com/privacy). [A]gree/[q]uit: A

Enter the name of your Twingate network (eg. “acme” for “acme.twingate.com”): xyznet

checking…

xyznet is a valid Twingate network

No such file or directory (os error 2)

Expected xyznet but found ‘’. Try again? [Y/n]: y

Enter the name of your Twingate network (eg. “acme” for “acme.twingate.com”): xyznet

checking…

xyznet is a valid Twingate network

Expected xyznet but found ‘’. Try again? [Y/n]: n

Do you want to automatically start the Twingate service at boot? [Y/n]: y

err

$ ping 1.1.1.1

works

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 81.144/83.863/86.583/2.719 ms

$ reboot

Hey there,

Those errors are coming up because you removed /etc/twingate.

You’ll need to recreate it ( sudo mkdir /etc/twingate ) and then re-run the setup and it should be able to create the config files it needs to

Thanks!

-arthur

Thanks Arthur…

I punted and REINSTALLED FRESH and now I’m in a reconnecting, failed, reconnecting, failed loop on my desktop notifications…

mom@dontnameyourhostthis$ /etc/twingate 17:37:31[ -# /usr/bin/twingate-notifier console

Twingate Client Status: Authenticating
Twingate Client Status: Offline

Im sure its me…thx for the help…

Arthur,

Can you point me to the 7th grader version of the steps to authenticate a headless ubuntu please?

I’ve done it before piecing instructions together but I cant seem to get it right and now I think the install is borked…

Thx!!!
*highfive

Hey root,

We’ve got our documentation on Linux Headless here which is pretty close to 7th grader… If you uninstall (sudo apt remove twingate) and remove /etc/twingate and then reinstall and follow the headless directions linked it should get you up and running, if it still isn’t working, you can run the sudo journalctl -u twingate --since "1 hour ago" command to grab the logs which may illustrate what’s failing – feel free to post them here if so!

Thanks,

-arthur

1 Like

Thanks to ALL the support…I was able to get it working again thx to Arthur!!! Sorry for the delayed response…

root777