Can't seem to connect 2 resources on different networks

Hi I am new to Twingate and wondering what is possible

Right now I have my home office server as the connector and I can be at a coffee shop and access resources at my home with my laptop and my phone.

It is possible to setup my laptop at the coffee shop as a resource and and use my phone to access my laptop with Twingate?

Can I use my home connector server to route traffic between two devices that are not in my home server network?

I can’t seem to get this to work. It will connect to the connector but not route out to the resource outside my home.

Hi Tony,

The only way your home connector would be able to route traffic to the Laptop from your phone would be if you had a known public IP for your laptop and there was nothing preventing a connection from your home to your laptop. Twingate doesn’t directly facilitate client to client communication in a way that fits this use case.

You could theoretically run another Twingate Connector docker container on your laptop that would allow you to access the laptop as a resource, but this may end up being more of a headache than it is worth.

Thanks,

-arthur