Chocolatly failed to install twingate-connector

I have tried to deploy twingate-connector on a windows machine with chocolatey but the installation fails.

I have zero experience with chocolatey can anybody help me troubleshout the issue.
Btw: Is there any other way of deploing twingate to windows then chocolatey
I will copy my powershell output here:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> choco install twingate-connector
Chocolatey v2.0.0
Installing the following packages:
twingate-connector
By installing, you accept licenses for the packages.
Progress: Downloading twingate-connector 1.41.0… 100%

twingate-connector v1.41.0 [Approved]
twingate-connector package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.
The package twingate-connector wants to run ‘chocolateyinstall.ps1’.
Note: If you don’t run this script, the installation will fail.
Note: To confirm automatically next time, use ‘-y’ or consider:
choco feature enable -n allowGlobalConfirmation
Do you want to run the script?([Y]es/[A]ll - yes to all/[N]o/[P]rint): y

Connector name:

Twingate Access Token:

Twingate Refresh Token:

Twingate Account URL:
*********.twingate.com

ERROR: The running command stopped because the preference variable “ErrorActionPreference” or common parameter is set to Stop: launch failed: Invalid arguments supplied
The install of twingate-connector was NOT successful.
Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\twingate-connector\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’.
See log for details.

Chocolatey installed 0/1 packages. 1 packages failed.
See the log for details (C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\logs\chocolatey.log).

Failures

• twingate-connector (exited -1) - Error while running ‘C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\twingate-connector\tools\chocolateyinstall.ps1’.
    See log for details.
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Can I ask did you put something for the Connector Name, Access Token, and Refresh Token, or did you leave those three fields blank when prompted? The connector requires those and would throw the error you see if any of the fields were left blank or were improperly formatted.

You would need to make sure in your Twingate console that you have a connector ready to deploy, and have generated the two tokens already, so you can copy and paste those values into Powershell when prompted for them.

1 Like