Blocked Services from Work

Just installed twingate and added a few resources and i can connect to them with no issues when twingate is running.

My company blocks some streaming services like prime and netflix from playing and I tried to play them when twingate is active but it did not work. Is there a way to may my device to think its at home when i’m at work and connected to the twingate vpn?

Hey cambranet,

The only way you would be able to do this is by finding a list of all domains and IP addresses required by the streaming service(s) of choice and adding them as Twingate resources, so that your work machine knows which requests to route over Twingate.

And even then, there’s no guarantee that there isn’t some degree of hardware content control in place like an edge firewall or something that will filter traffic to unknown IPs or block the required ports Twingate needs.

Certainly something you can try, though!

Thanks,

-arthur

Is there a way to add a resource so that all requests are sent over?

You could add resources for * and 0.0.0.0/0 however this would indiscriminately route all traffic from your work PC over Twingate which could cause issues with some of your work stuff.

This works! this is actually my personal computer on my work network. netflix and prime video were blocked and now i can access both.