RDP to Hyper-v Win 11 device not working after agent update

With client version 1.0.29+21087 | 0.143.4 installed I can RDP to a VM hosted on the same machine. It is hosted on Hyper-V. After the upgrade I can no longer RDP to it, nor can any other devices on my network.

Update version is 1.0.30+22347 | 0.145.1.

I have tested and confirmed this behavior several times.

Windows 11 version 22h2 22621.1778

Hi @kjeske,

are you still experiencing this issue? We have not had any other reports of such issues. Would you be able to try the latest version of the client (1.0.32)?

I am. The only way I found to get around it is to make sure I am logged into Twingate or to stop the service when I am trying to connect to a local resource that is connected to Twingate.

Example:

When I am working in my camper which has Twingate setup in it. s1p.twingate.com / outgoing-guppy. The network addresses are 192.168.50.x. My NAS is 192.168.50.23 and router is 192.168.50.1.

If I try to connect to those without being logged into Twingate or stopping the service, I cannot connect to them. As soon as I log in or stop the service I can access them.

Normally this would not be a big deal but when working from the camper I am on metered networks and don’t want to waste data by connecting to the server then come back again. At least that is my understanding of how that works. Is than incorrect? Does it just go to the local connector and not out to the server?

Hey Kjeske,

So just to be clear - in the instance where you’re seeing things not working - you are on the SAME network as the Twingate resources you’re trying to connect to? Or you’re disconnected?

When you describe it not working until you log in to Twingate or stop the service, this feels like the blocker is that you’re not “current” with your authentication (and normally the client would prompt you to authenticate in this instance – but maybe your notifications are disabled?)

Let me know and we can figure out what’s going on.

-arthur

So just to be clear - in the instance where you’re seeing things not working - you are on the SAME network as the Twingate resources you’re trying to connect to? Or you’re disconnected? - Same Network

When you describe it not working until you log in to Twingate or stop the service, this feels like the blocker is that you’re not “current” with your authentication (and normally the client would prompt you to authenticate in this instance – but maybe your notifications are disabled?) - Should I need to be authenticated to access a resource on the same network?

This worked without needing to authenticate in the original version when I first signed up. I didn’t need to have the client running or authenticated to access resources on the same network.

Hi @kjeske,

I think I know what the issue is: when you are on the same network and don’t wish to go through the Twingate Client, do you click “Quit” in the Client or do you use “Log out & Disconnect”?

If you use the Quit option, that is likely the culprit: The Windows Client has two components, the UI and the Windows Service, if you click Quit, the client UI shutdown but the Service stays up so the Twingate Client will still intercept connections to your defined resources.

Try to Log Out and Disconnect and see if it makes a difference?

That might be it. Thanks for the assistance.