Raspberry Pi and DigitalOcean droplet in same network using Twingate

I’d like to post some data from a Raspberry Pi to an instance running in DigitalOcean (called droplet at DigitalOcean). Is it possible using Twingate to connect the Raspberry Pi directly to the internal network in which the instance is running in DigitalOcean? I’m investigating another solution than having to make my instance publicly available and configure firewall, inbound rules, port forwarding, reverse proxy…

So far, I’ve deployed a Twingate connector to the droplet (via Docker). The droplet exposes a service on port 3000, which I could well access from my laptop after defining a Twingate Resource pointing to the internal IP of the droplet (where the connector runs) and connecting with the Twingate macOS client.

I don’t see however how to access this same resource from the Raspberry Pi. My understanding is that I would need to install a Twingate client to the Raspberry Pi to do this. Is that correct? From the doc, I see that linux clients are only available for 64-bit architecture, and my Raspberry Pi is running a 32 bit OS…

Is that a supported use case for Twingate?

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you’re trying to access a Resource on a Droplet, with the Twingate Connector deployed in Digital Ocean and not the other way around, correct?

If so, yes, you would need to run the client on your Raspberry Pi to access that Resource. However, the Twingate client doesn’t run on arm, only arm64. Newer Raspberry Pis, like the Zero 2 and the Pi 3 and Pi 4, are built with arm64 architecture and can run the client.

The Connector does support 32-bit arm, so you could remotely access your Raspberry Pi from Digital Ocean if you wanted to reverse the flow of things. This might not work for your setup, however.

Yes that’s correct. But you are right, maybe I should revisit this flow, as it seems easier to connect the other way around, from the Droplet to the Raspberry Pi using Twingate.

Thanks for your answer and information!