Not able to connect to Twingate network via Tether thru Android Phone

Hi,
I am able to setup twingate connector and access my twingate network on my phone with twingate client software.

But, once i turn on the hotspot on Android, and connect with my laptop(windows). The laptop( with twingate client software) is not able is not able to connect to the twingate network.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am not sure the details of what Android shares when it shares a connection, but from what you are telling me it bypasses the “VPN” on the Android.

In this case I would suggest running the Twingate client from your laptop no matter how you are accessing the internet.

yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. apologies for the earlier typo.

i have done the following cases:

1. I am running windows PC desktop with twingate client software. Using an android phone(china brand) as the hotspot. Result: Failed to connect or find the twingate connector.

2. I am running windows PC desktop with twingate client software. Using an android phone(korean brand) as the hotspot. Result: Failed to connect or find the twingate connector.

3. I am running windows laptop with twingate client software. Using an android phone(china brand) as the hotpsot. Result: Failed to connect or find the twingate connector.

4. I am running windows laptop with twingate client software. Using an android phone(korean brand) as the hotpsot. Result: Failed to connect or find the twingate connector.

5. Using android phone(both china and korean brand) using the twingate client android app to connect to twingate connector. Result: Successful connection.