Join network process hangs, Twingate icon flickering continuously

Hello Team,

One of our team member is using a windows system to connect to Twingate. Let me give a brief of the problem here:

Install successful → Upon adding the network name, there is no action (ideally the browser redirects to the Gsuite SSO page) and the Twingate icon in the bottom taskbar keeps on flickering on & off.

On clicking the client icon and navigating to logs, I see these 2 lines in the error logs:

############# Start ###########################

[2023-04-27T15:49:12.857136+05:30] [DEBUG] [client] Create WinService communication channel [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel]
[2023-04-27T15:49:14.895961+05:30] [WARN] [client] Service communication faulted. Reconnecting… [ServiceKeepAliveMonitor.CheckServiceConnectionTimerHandle]
[2023-04-27T15:49:14.911957+05:30] [DEBUG] [client] Try reconnect WinService communication channel [ServiceCommunication.TryReconnectServiceComunication]
[2023-04-27T15:49:14.928949+05:30] [DEBUG] [client] Create WinService communication channel [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel]

############# End ###############################

Client version is the latest. Tried uninstalling and re-installing, reboot system, no luck.

I do have a recording of the same. But not sure if it is safe to post it here.

Can you please guide?

Regards,
Kiran Iyer

The errors you provided suggest that the client is unable to communicate with the underlying twingate service.

The twingate.Service.logs would give you a better idea as to the issue although its possible that the service itself isn’t running so you would want to confirm that first.

You might also want to make sure that the tunnel device was created during installation. This tunnel interface (Twingate TAP-Adapter) should be listed under the network adapters in advanced network settings and should not be disabled.

If the twingate service is running and the TAP adapter is installed then something is causing the twingate service to not initialize fully the twingate.service.log would have more information.

1 Like

Thank you Steven. Following this step solved the issue.