Issue Joining Network

After client installation the join network box pops up. We put in the network name and hit join. Spins for a bit and just goes back to join.

Hey Greg,

The most common causes of this sort of thing are one of two issues:

1. There’s a DNS error and the hostname can’t be resolved correctly (this could be because it’s being blocked by a DNS Filter/EDR solution on the machine(s) in question - in a lot of DNS Filtering solutions Twingate is blocked in the “VPN” category. If you’re able, you can check for *.twingate.com in your DNS Filter logs and potentially add an exception if it appears to be the case.

2. There’s a SSL error occurring because of a third party EDR/MDM solution on your machine or your network that’s doing deep packet inspection/SSL replacement. If this is potentially the case, adding an exception for *.twingate.com will likely resolve the issue.

If it’s neither of these things, can you please post a screenshot of the connection screen when it’s failed for you.

Thanks!

-arthur

It would not let me post it. If this gets to you here is a video of it happening. I will check those things out. Unfortunately its on a user that’s remote in another companies network so it may take some time to sort it all out.

(Attachment Welcome to Twingate 2023-08-23 10-59-17.mp4 is missing)

You can email it to me directly at arthur (at) twingate.com to get around being unable to post.

Thanks!

So it appears the service didn’t auto start on reboot. Went in and started it and it connected right up. Will have to see if there are any events in the log as to why it hadn’t started.

I’m glad to hear you got it figured out. It’s definitely odd that the service didn’t start, and I have given some feedback to my product team to potentially either A) handle this from the client so it’s not an issue or B) at least give a clear indication as to what’s happening so that the confusion doesn’t occur.

Thanks!

Greetings, I’m having the same issue. I did check the twingate status in services. It’s set to automatic and wasn’t running. However, even after starting the service, join network still times out.

Is it staying running after you start it or is it crashing/stopping again? If you can send your Twingate Client Logs through to onboarding (at) twingate.com I can take a look.

Thanks!

-arthur

I have not had the same issue happen again. It was just a random one off.

Logs sent.

The service was giving me misleading info. Prior to my last restart at least.

Status said running, but when I right clicked the only option was to restart the service. After restarting again, it’s appears to be working more stable. It did start automatically after my last reboot.

Hi! I am having the same issue. Can someone please help me I can send you my logs if need to be one thing in them I noticed was this [WARN] [client] dll is not signed [Token.GetCert]
[2023-10-20T16:04:25.446418-05:00] [ERROR] [client] Failed to create the communication channel. No IPEndpoints were found for host 127.0.0.1. [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel]

Please reach back out to me asap.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem, any suggestions?
Failed to create the communication channel. No IPEndpoints were found for host 127.0.0.1. [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel]

Hi,

this message can sometimes appear if the Network TAP adapter is not present on the device. Could you check the list of Network Adapters installed on your device and make sure the “Twingate TAP-Windows Adapter” is present?

Hi, I am facing the same issue, any updates? Also after click Join network, we do not get authentication web page…

Hi @fabriceblanchet,

have you checked that nothing is interfering locally with DNS requests? (due to ssl inspection or DNS filtering, content filtering)

Hi,
I seem to be having the same issue, I click on join network and it spins for a second and again it goes back to the same.
Log Issue -
[2023-11-23T12:35:09.367691+05:30] [ERROR] [client] Failed to create the communication channel. No IPEndpoints were found for host 127.0.0.1. [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel]

Hi there,
I am facing same issue here.
[ERROR] [client] Failed to create the communication channel. No IPEndpoints were found for host 127.0.0.1. [ServiceCommunication.CreateCommunicationChannel] is displayed in the log.

Here the same problems

No connection to twingate possible on windows computers. On android there is no problem

Were you able to fix it ?

Yes, the Twingate service needs to be start manually.

2 Likes