Is what I want to do achievable?

Hi folks. So basically, I would like to create this:

• PC_A as the server in my parents home.
  • PC_B as a client in my uni dorm.
  • Set up a rule such that all traffic 0.0.0.0/0 from the client (PC_B) goes through the server (PC_A).

Is this possible using Twingate? Can someone provide me a set of instructions to achieve this , please? Cheers.

It is, but not really what a split tunnel is meant for.

You are forcing all traffic through PC_A. I am not sure why you want to do this, but if it is to circumvent the controls at Uni, then a consumer VPN would do this for you.

No need to put the load on your parent’s internet.

Twingate is meant to get you secure, zero-trust, specific access to your resources. This isn’t a great use-case, but yes it does work. You will have a TLS tunnel for all your traffic when connected.

I do not even do this. I have kids in Uni and I have them use a consumer VPN for this sort of thing instead of my Twingate network because it just doesn’t fit the use-case and is burdensome for everything involved.

If you do give it a go, let us know how you get on with it!

Thanks. But I do have a specific (and personal) reason why I want to use a home connection to route all my traffic through instead of a consumer VPN.

Are there any instructions or guides available for what I want to do?

Anyway, I’ve worked it out. I deployed the docker engine on my pritunl vpn server. Then I used the server’s internal IP address as the Twingate’s Network resource’s CIDR and I can now ping my vpn server. For some reason it doesn’t seem to like internal IPs but I guess that’s an issue with the vpn server.