Having a hard time getting Connector working

Trying to setup a connector on my Windows 11 desktop.

Created a resource for the system I want to connect to.

I have docker / WSL installed. Docker is running fine.

When I run the copy command from the Twingate admin portal, I get “specified path does not exist” and it errors out. Other docker commands seem to work fine and I was able to load a sample container.

Thanks

Hi Bayaz,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

We don’t usually recommend running the connector in a linux container on Windows - we have seen some issues with it due to some layer incompatibilities. That being said, can you provide the command block you’re trying to run (with your auth tokens stripped out), and as well advise what shell you’re trying to run it in?

Thanks!

docker run -d --sysctl net.ipv4.ping_group_range=“0 2147483647” --env TENANT_URL=“https://bayaz.twingate.com” --env ACCESS_TOKEN=“xxx” --env REFRESH_TOKEN=“xxx” --env TWINGATE_LABEL_HOSTNAME=“hostname” --name “twingate-weightless-swift” --restart=unless-stopped $(docker run --help | grep – --pull >/dev/null && echo “–pull=always”) twingate/connector:1

The above is what I have been running. Alternatively I do have ubuntu installed under WSL, but that was giving me a cert error when I tried running the linux install block for the connector.

Forgot to add. It fails out with “specified path does not exist” under admin CMD. When I tried Windows Terminal as admin, it just sits with “>>” and doesn’t do anything.

Sorry bit outside of my regular wheelhouse here.

Try adjusting it to the following (obviously put your tokens back in):

docker run -d --sysctl net.ipv4.ping_group_range=“0 2147483647” --env TENANT_URL=“https://bayaz.twingate.com” --env ACCESS_TOKEN=“xxx” --env REFRESH_TOKEN=“xxx” --env TWINGATE_LABEL_HOSTNAME=“hostname” --name “twingate-weightless-swift” --restart=unless-stopped –pull=always twingate/connector:1

There’s an incompatibility with the $(etc) block on the Windows/WSL side of things (it’s a legacy piece).

With that one I got “docker: No port specified: :/tcp.” in an elevated command prompt (cmd)

Sorry, that was on me. Make sure there’s two -'s in front of pull-always – I think I pasted with only one.

working now, thanks!

Terrific! Sorry about the hiccup but I’m glad things are sorted.

Have a great afternoon (or evening or morning or whatever it happens to be where you are!)

-arthur